- Course Webpage
- Course Materials
- Course Resources
- Class Journal
- Active Calculus
Below you will find notes and handouts that we have used in class. Note that the numbering of the course notes corresponds to the numbering in Active Calculus.
- Notes for Section 1.1: How do we measure velocity? (PDF)
- Section 1.2: The notion of limit (Part 1) (PDF)
- Section 1.2: The notion of limit (Part 2) (PDF)
- Section 1.2: The notion of limit (Part 3) (PDF)
- Section 1.7: Limits, Continuity, and Differentiability (Part 1) (PDF). Note: We’ll return to differentiability later.
- Section 1.3: The derivative of a function at a point (PDF)
- Section 2.1: Elementary derivative rules (Part 1) (PDF)
- Section 3.4: Applied Optimization (PDF)
- Function Analysis (PDF)
- Section 3.5: Related Rates (PDF)
- Indefinite integrals (PDF)
- Section 4.4: The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus (PDF)
- Section 5.2: The Second Fundamental Theorem of Calculus (PDF)
- Section 5.3: Integration by Substitution (PDF)
- Section 5.4: Integration by Parts (PDF)
- Falling Objects (PDF)
- Trig Unit Circle (PDF)
- Are You Ready for Calculus? Questions (PDF)
- Are You Ready for Calculus? Answers (PDF)
- Portfolio Expectations (PDF)
Reviews for Exams
To study for your exams, I recommend looking over and redoing as many homework problems as possible. This includes Daily and Weekly Homework. The correct answers for WeBWorK problems are always made available after an assignment’s due date. In addition, you should read over examples done in class and make sure you understand them. The review sheets posted below provide additional information about what sections and what topics you should be familiar with prior to each exam.
- Review for Exam 1 (PDF)
- Review for Exam 2 (PDF)
- Additional Problems Relevant to Exam 2 (PDF)
- Review for Exam 3 (PDF)
- Review for Exam 4 (PDF)
Below you can find exams from last semester (Fall 2012), which you may find useful when preparing for this semester’s exams.
Current Exams & Quizzes
Below you can find copies of this semester’s exams and quizzes.
- Exam 1 (PDF)
- Gateway Quiz 1 (PDF)
- Gateway Quiz 2 (PDF)
- Gateway Quiz 3 (PDF)
- Exam 2 (PDF, typos on problem 6 have been fixed)
Here are some screencasts related to our course content.
- Introduction to WeBWorK (YouTube). Note: There are some inconsistencies in this video due to the fact that I made it for last semester’s class, but it should still be useful.
Below you will find a few applets that are useful for visualizing calculus concepts.